The Gorgeous Peeps


Saturday, June 4, 2011

SMASHBOX Halo Glow Color Boosting Powder

Hey There Sisters! 

I'm sorry its been how long since the last review I published, I was down with flu (Thank God I'm okay now) and been busy with a few things recently. 

'Nuff with the excuses haha! Going back to my review.. 

Ebay has this special spot in my schedule that no matter how busy I am, I still find time to browse eBay for cheapie deals on make-up and what-nots. 

As I was browsing, I came across listings of Smashbox' Halo Glow Color Boosting Powder, 
and because the auction title has the word "GLOW", I got curious and googled about reviews for the product, the product is highly-raved on MakeUp Alley, it had good ratings from people who have tried it. 

Clickity me, I immediately contacted the seller and asked her if she can end the listing early for me (yea, I was impatient and couldnt wait for the auction to end haha! :D), paid rightaway and got the item the day after. 





The compact itself is pretty chunky, its about 3x thicker than an average pressed powder




Im not really bothered by its chunkiness because its almost as thick as my Guerlain Pressed Meteorites' Case. This might be an issue for some who doesnt like toting around cosmetics that have chunky containers. 

The circumference of the compact is also a bit bigger than all of the compact powders I have




Its supposed to come with a buki brush, but the seller doesnt have it anymore. 




Im not a fan of bronzers, so upon seeing how terracotta-ish the color is on the pan, I was disappointed at first. 

But since its my first grinding powder, I was so giddy to try the "technolody" so I immediately turned the dial for it to scrape off some of the product from the pan inside. 



The color is pretty much similar to the color of a clay pot (LOL!), earthy bronze with a hint of orangey-terracota hue. From the loose powder form, it doesnt really look wearable for my NC25 skintone because I dont really like using bronzers coz im afraid it might look muddy on me. 




From the heavy swatch, it still looks too dark for my liking. But once you blend it in, the color disappears and just leaves the skin glowing, Im actually amazed at how the product gave my skin a healthy, lively tone. The powder itself feels moist and silky, it blends easily and doesnt cake, the formula doesnt have shimmers, not even the type that diffuses and gets lost on your skin once blended. This looks pretty much like a matte powder to me, but once blended, it gives a really really nice color to my face and gives it more life by adding depth, glow and arrgh I dont know how to describe it but the product is really good, it gets rid of dull skintone. Its something I would love to use probably everyday and until Ive used up all of it. Haha! 




Mica (CI 77019), Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Water (Aqua/Eau), Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium EDTA, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide 14, Dimethicone, Gold (CI 77480), May Contain (+/-): (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)



The compact's design is an ingenious and more convenient way of repackaging loose powders, theyve compressed the powder into a pan, added a grinding disc on top and lets the user grind the right amount of powder she needs for each use. 




Swirl your brush around the pan, tap off excess and lightly dust all over the face after putting on foundation for a pop of glow. 

Here's a video tutorial on how to use this : 





Glow lasts a good 5-6 hours on me. :) 




Skin loves it! :)




Definitely. I have a back up for this. :) 




It says 12months on the bottom of the pan, but with hygienic use, the product could last longer. 



It retails $59.00 but I got two of this for Php 850.00 (around $18.00). Great deal eh?



eBay.ph or eBay.com
Amazon.com 


Have you tried this powder? What can you say about it? 


Live, Love and Stay Fab!! 

0 splendid c✿mments!!:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)